Main Article Content
The availability of reliable internet connection is getting more important recently because of its vital role in helping people to access information. Private and public sectors use the internet as a medium to deliver their service to consumers. Online business in Indonesia has become more popular and probably will get a more significant share of retail transactions in the future. Indonesia faces a disparity in internet connection coverage. Compared to the western part of Indonesia, people in the eastern part, especially Maluku, have difficulty accessing affordable and good-quality internet access. There is a less competitive internet service market in this area due to the low demand for internet service and high infrastructure cost, so that holds the service price higher than other areas. The merger between internet service providers will help establish compatible competitors and improve internet connection quality in the eastern part of Indonesia.
The author retains the copyright of original material, by publishing in the Proceedings of Indonesia Focus. The author will have agreed to the following contractual terms:
- The article is the original work of the stated author.
- The work has not been published previously.
- If the Article contains copyright material owned by others, written permission has been obtained from the copyright owner(s) to republish such material in any print or electronic medium and that the author has included appropriate acknowledgement of such rights in the Article.
- The author agrees to grant a non-exclusive license to the Proceedings of Indonesia Focus to communicate the work to the public.
- The Proceedings of Indonesia Focus may use the article for publicity purposes.