Main Article Content
The COVID-19 pandemic requires all education stakeholders to adapt to the demands of that era. The existence of COVID-19 has a comprehensive impact, especially in disadvantaged areas for various limitations on online learning. This study intended to actualize the Ministry of Education and Culture, Research and Technology program of Freedom of Learning (FoLP). FoLP is one of the main focuses of 2020-2024 RIRN (Rencana Induk Riset Nasional). It focused on the Cultural Language Learning Approach (CLLA), as an approach to English for Specific Purposes (ESP) by embedding moral values in the given discourse contents with varied focus and study settings adapted to the demands of the times and global needs. It is currently implemented as a medium for the FoLP students research at another research institution outside of their campus. This research guided such FoLP students research for carrying out their jobs outside of their campus, namely at the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences (FSPS) by involving 50 students concerning the use of CLLA in their ESP course. This project intended to analyze the students needs by highlighting their necessities, wants and lacks. The test results analysis using the Sheppard model reveals that the ESP students need wider ESP learning interventions to achieve the optimum scores achievements as the average score of 50 students learning assessment is 350/70=50. On a 100 scale, the average score is 50/70 X 100 = 60 which means they belong to low capacity (lack) by remembering that they should fulfill both the necessity and wants in their ESP learning using CLLA. Whereas they should be at least categorized into pre-advanced English learners.
The author retains the copyright of original material, by publishing in the Proceedings of Indonesia Focus. The author will have agreed to the following contractual terms:
- The article is the original work of the stated author.
- The work has not been published previously.
- If the Article contains copyright material owned by others, written permission has been obtained from the copyright owner(s) to republish such material in any print or electronic medium and that the author has included appropriate acknowledgement of such rights in the Article.
- The author agrees to grant a non-exclusive license to the Proceedings of Indonesia Focus to communicate the work to the public.
- The Proceedings of Indonesia Focus may use the article for publicity purposes.