Main Article Content
The development of sustainable development with the concept of the green building creates environment-friendly and energy-efficient buildings with solar panels as a source of electrical energy, uses energy-saving lamps, uses indoor vegetation, creates noise reduction system, and maintains environment temperature and humidity. The application of green building solar panels is influenced by several factors, such as the intensity of solar radiation, wind speed and direction, humidity, distance and height of surrounding buildings, and the level of pollution from the residential area. This study aims to develop the concept of green building in the application of solar panels on the roofs of residential neighborhoods to reduce CO2 emissions. The analytical method used is descriptive and qualitative analysis, with a literature survey related to the types of solar panels, identifying the conditions of existing houses in the study area, and analyzing the suitability of the space for the placement of the solar panels to be placed by taking into account the provisions of the shape and area of the roof of the house. The results of the analysis stated that the green concept house strategy, for the 86m2 type house at BNP 2 Makassar City, is rated platinum with a score of 77. The real impacts of environment-friendly houses are the installation of renewable energy, replacement of LED lamps, and installation of light sensors. Solar panels produce 19.5% carbon gas emission in a month compared to carbon gas emissions generated from the use of PLN electrical energy by using 10 panels for an 86 m2 house type, which means an 80.5% reduction in carbon gas emission.
The author retains the copyright of original material, by publishing in the Proceedings of Indonesia Focus. The author will have agreed to the following contractual terms:
- The article is the original work of the stated author.
- The work has not been published previously.
- If the Article contains copyright material owned by others, written permission has been obtained from the copyright owner(s) to republish such material in any print or electronic medium and that the author has included appropriate acknowledgement of such rights in the Article.
- The author agrees to grant a non-exclusive license to the Proceedings of Indonesia Focus to communicate the work to the public.
- The Proceedings of Indonesia Focus may use the article for publicity purposes.