Main Article Content
Challenges and problems in strengthening the ideology of Pancasila from time to time are getting bigger. For this reason, the state is required to do various things in a society and nation that is changing rapidly in the current global era. There is a public interest in the solidity of the Pancasila ideology as the philosophical ideal foundation for all activities of national life. The purpose of this research is to analyze the organizational aspects of the Pancasila Ideology Development Agency (BPIP) and to strengthen the Pancasila ideology from a public policy perspective. The research used normative juridical and bibliographic methods. The results showed that as part of the function of state government, the establishment of the Pancasila Ideology Development Agency (BPIP) as a revitalization of the Presidential Work Unit for the Development of Pancasila Ideology (UKP-PIP) is an important step as a state policy for strengthening the Pancasila ideology. This institution is very strategic for the realization of Pancasila as a stronger state ideology. From the perspective of the public interest, this is a public policy whose implementation of its institutional duties and functions requires the seriousness of its management. The legal basis for its formation in the form of a presidential regulation is not strong enough considering the current ideological problem that requires extraordinary work in handling it. As a recommendation, BPIP needs more intensive collaboration with universities to strengthen the Pancasila ideology. Consistent policy implementation by BPIP is currently required for the presence of a strong ideology philosophically, juridically, politically, and sociologically.
The author retains the copyright of original material, by publishing in the Proceedings of Indonesia Focus. The author will have agreed to the following contractual terms:
- The article is the original work of the stated author.
- The work has not been published previously.
- If the Article contains copyright material owned by others, written permission has been obtained from the copyright owner(s) to republish such material in any print or electronic medium and that the author has included appropriate acknowledgement of such rights in the Article.
- The author agrees to grant a non-exclusive license to the Proceedings of Indonesia Focus to communicate the work to the public.
- The Proceedings of Indonesia Focus may use the article for publicity purposes.